This policy applies to you if you are :
• a visitors to our website; and
• and customers who have ordered the services we provide.
3. Purpose of this policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“personal information”). Personal information:
• certain information collected on registration (see below); and
• optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below).
• information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
• permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically; and
• non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
4. Acceptance of terms
4.1 Acceptance required. You must accept all the terms of this policy when you order any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order, register for, or use any of our services.
4.2 Legal capacity. You may not access our website or order our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
4.3 Deemed acceptance. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
4.4 Your obligations. You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the website. If you continue to use the website following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
6.1 On registration. Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information will include:
• your name, surname, date of birth, company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
• your physical address, postal address, company address, email address, telephone number, location and postal code;
• your username and password; and
6.2 Collection on order. When you order the services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis such as services information, shipping information, reviews of services or products, feedback on our services (“services feedback”), physical location, occupation, languages, and gender.
6.3 Optional details. You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis such as gender, education history, personal qualifications, work history, occupation, languages, personal photos and videos. Additional contact information such as social media accounts, websites and instant messaging accounts.
6.4 This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
6.7 Web beacons. Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
6.8 Purpose for collection. We may use or process any goods information, services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
• goods purposes – such as collecting orders for, supplying, and supporting our goods;
• services purposes – such as collecting orders for and providing our services;
• marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
• business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
• legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
• remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
• monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
• track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
7. Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
• in accordance with applicable law; and
• when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
8.1 Our obligations. We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
8.2 Messages and updates. We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
8.3 Targeted content. While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on the personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertiser, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
9.1 Sharing. We may share your personal information with:
• other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong, being Storestash (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 2014/105218/07) so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
• our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
• credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
• banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).;and
• other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
9.2 Regulators. If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
9.3 Law enforcement. We may disclose personal information if required:
• by a subpoena or court order;
• to comply with any law;
• to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
• to prevent violation of our terms of service.
9.5 Marketing purposes. We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
9.6 Employees. We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
9.7 Change of ownership. If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
11. Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes explicitly defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, by emailing us, or by phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
12. Retention of personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
• retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
• you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
13. Transfer of personal information outside South Africa
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
14. Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the “My Account” menu in any of the pages on our website.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.